Thursday, July 19, 2007

Retreat Day!

Today we had a 'Retreat Day' at the College. This marked the finish of the Holiness Seminar in which most of the College Community have been apart of. The teaching of this week has been very rich and the depth was incredible. We were blessed immensley by Dr. Major Alan Harley who's knowledge of Holiness was outstanding. We also had the honour of sharing with Major Rose Harley, on a less formal note. Her wisdom, love and passion were noted with every word that she spoke. They lived among us for the week and it was good.

Today, the retreat day was led my Major Robert Patterson. We were given the option of having the day in silence. It was our personal decision. Those of you who know me, know that I am a very capable talker and in conversation I can be known to be the 'talker'. Today, I was silent, I was the listener and I was blessed by it. In our instructions/guidelines for the day there was a line that said "Waste time creatively" - This encouraged and freed me, It was a beautiful expression. I heard God lots today... One of the things he said was "Be still and know that I am God." There were times today where I just sat and listened to Him.

I thank God for this day. There was a beautiful testimony that we read today that said something along the lines of "The fact that I woke up this morning tells me that God has something for me in this day"

Everyday we wake, thank God for the day and praise Him for all He has for you for that day.

God bless you friends!

2 comments:

Sarah Eldridge said...

Hey Stobes,

I've only ever achieved silence (true silence) once... for 20 mins, and it was the best 20 mins of my life! I've never been able to really achieve it since, but it is a practice I hope to one day master!

Glad you got so much out of today. I'm praying for you.

Love you,
Sare xxxxx

Brian's Blog said...

Hi Stobes,

Glad it was a good experience.
I find that not wearing shoes adds to the experience. Like Moses Ex 3:5.